Mo asks Debby Moorman: What is one moment around business development that you are really proud of?
- The current climate has been challenging, and there is one client in particular that she’s working with right now that she’s proud of.
- She had the opportunity to reconnect with someone she worked with 15 years ago that recently moved into a more senior role. She reached out to them, but with the way things are right now, she couldn’t meet them in person and have a face-to-face conversation with them.
- What Debby was able to do was have a conversation with this person and simply learn about their new role. She started to hear things that indicated the company was going through a number of changes and was able to offer herself as a resource to be more successful in their new job. This led to more conversations and helping them with relevant research, and eventually getting connected with the CHRO.
- This relationship from Debby’s past has developed into a conversation about how they can all work together.
- By cultivating a relationship with this person, Debby has opened the door to working with the organization in a deeper scope that wouldn’t have been possible otherwise, simply by being helpful.
- For Debby, the commercial transaction is not a focus when connecting with someone. She brings a curiosity to the table that helps her uncover genuine ways that she can help and by following through, she adds value, builds trust, and creates a real relationship.
- Be helpful and honest, and the solution will happen.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Debby Moorman on LinkedIn