Mo asks Debby Moorman: What is one moment around business development that you are really proud of? The current climate has been challenging, and there is one client in particular that she’s working with right now that she’s proud of. She had the...
Mo asks Debby Moorman: What is one moment around business development that you are really proud of?
- The current climate has been challenging, and there is one client in particular that she’s working with right now that she’s proud of.
- She had the opportunity to reconnect with someone she worked with 15 years ago that recently moved into a more senior role. She reached out to them, but with the way things are right now, she couldn’t meet them in person and have a face-to-face conversation with them.
- What Debby was able to do was have a conversation with this person and simply learn about their new role. She started to hear things that indicated the company was going through a number of changes and was able to offer herself as a resource to be more successful in their new job. This led to more conversations and helping them with relevant research, and eventually getting connected with the CHRO.
- This relationship from Debby’s past has developed into a conversation about how they can all work together.
- By cultivating a relationship with this person, Debby has opened the door to working with the organization in a deeper scope that wouldn’t have been possible otherwise, simply by being helpful.
- For Debby, the commercial transaction is not a focus when connecting with someone. She brings a curiosity to the table that helps her uncover genuine ways that she can help and by following through, she adds value, builds trust, and creates a real relationship.
- Be helpful and honest, and the solution will happen.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Debby Moorman on LinkedIn