Mo asks Ron Tite: How can we get better at creating and closing the meaty work that we want to do? The first step is identifying the meaty work where you can add your best value. Ron recently had someone resign from his agency after they had a...
Mo asks Ron Tite: How can we get better at creating and closing the meaty work that we want to do?
- The first step is identifying the meaty work where you can add your best value. Ron recently had someone resign from his agency after they had a conversation about what she really wanted to do. It wasn’t until she asked herself that question did she realize that she wasn’t happy because she wasn’t doing what she really wanted to do.
- You need to put yourself in a position to close after building an organization that people want to work with.
- Who are the specific people that can best use your service and how can you put yourself into a position to win their business?
- In terms of communicating your brand belief to the right customers, there are four C’s: Consumption, Curation, Creation, Connection.
- Once you have your brand belief, you need to operationalize the strategic consumption of media that supports that. You need to consume media that makes you smarter and better.
- Curation is about taking the media that you find compelling or valuable and sharing it with your community. Editorialize it with your own opinion and put your own spin on it. Ron also categorizes content and insights that he finds and adds them to categories for use in his future speeches and books.
- At some point you have to create your own stuff and get that out into the world.
- The connection part is about the conversation that happens when someone challenges your thinking or adds to it. That’s where your personality shows through: it’s not in the post, it’s in the comments.
Mentioned in this Episode: