Mo asks Josh Kaufman: Great relationships are something we should invest in. How can someone be more effective at managing relationships? When you enter into any new relationship, trust is something that needs to be built over time. Trust is earned...
Mo asks Josh Kaufman: Great relationships are something we should invest in. How can someone be more effective at managing relationships?
- When you enter into any new relationship, trust is something that needs to be built over time.
- Trust is earned by showing up and demonstrating that you understand someone, and what’s important to them. Even before someone becomes a prospect, you can keep adding value to a relationship and building that trust. This is known as earned regard, and all business development activities will be more effective as the trust grows.
- You earn the trust and regard of your team in the same way that you earn the trust of a prospect or client. Keep showing up and providing value, and demonstrating your trustworthiness.
- There are three methods of building trust known as the Golden Trifecta: essentially, you treat people with appreciation, courtesy, and respect. The more you interact with people in those three ways the more likely you are to produce a positive result. In a business environment, you layer adding value on top of those three fundamental approaches to interacting with people.
- The effect of this accumulates, as well as behaving in the opposite. Respect compounds and leads to a trusted and valued relationship, constant disrespect or discourteousness destroys relationships over time.
- The combination of earned regard and the Golden Trifecta are very effective at deepening relationships in all areas of your life.
Mentioned in this Episode: