Mo asks Jay Baer: How do we create and close more opportunities? You have to focus on the problems you solve, not on the services you offer. People don’t want services, they want a fix to the problem they have. You also have to really understand...
Mo asks Jay Baer: How do we create and close more opportunities?
- You have to focus on the problems you solve, not on the services you offer. People don’t want services, they want a fix to the problem they have.
- You also have to really understand who you are selling to. This can become more challenging as time goes on as the number of people you are selling to grows, but it’s vital to growth.
- Figure out a way to rank your potential clients against one another and create an asset around that and they will beat a path to your door. It’s important to provide value instead of selling to them. If you provide enough value, the client will sell themselves.
- Figure out the marketing plan for the asset before you build it. When you do that, you will build a better marketing asset.
- You have to atomize your content. The individual asset (report, whitepaper, survey, etc.) can be broken down into additional bite size chunks. Everyone is besieged with opportunities and information, so you have to give them a short, easy intro to lead them in.
- Increase your conversion rate by merchandising the findings of your report in smaller pieces of content. It’s the little things surrounding the asset that drive people to the landing page.
- Every single slide of your webinar is a potential social media graphic, blog post, video, or infographic.
Mentioned in this Episode: