Mo asks Josh Linkner: How can professionals use the concepts of Big Little Breakthroughs to close more business? In the research for the book, Josh uncovered eight core mindsets of everyday innovators. One mindset in particular is called “Don’t...
Mo asks Josh Linkner: How can professionals use the concepts of Big Little Breakthroughs to close more business?
- In the research for the book, Josh uncovered eight core mindsets of everyday innovators. One mindset in particular is called “Don’t forget the dinner mint.”
- For a business development person, adding a little creative flourish to each interaction you have in the course of business. A small 5% increase in effort can generate disproportionate outcomes.
- If you’re pitching your services to a prospect, before you hit the send button, think about what extra you can add that is unexpected. It could be an extra feature or shorter delivery time. Every single touchpoint or interaction with a prospect is an opportunity to add a little extra.
- Every extra touch can drive a significant impact in terms of your overall results.
- It doesn’t always have to take the form of an extra service; it could also take the form of a unique experience.
- The dinner mint strategy can also help differentiate your business from other service providers.
- Another idea has to do with the notion of experimenting being very provocative. What if every week you ran five little experiments in your business processes? This is how you can find tiny innovations without risking too much, and if you land on a winner, you can expand it out once you have enough data to justify it.
- Instead of thinking you need to come up with one idea to transform your business, what if you came up with three smaller ideas each week? When you break them down into smaller bets, it’s much less risky and you increase the odds of winning over the long-term.
- Your creativity is more like your weight than your height. You can adjust your weight with your behavior and your creativity works the same way.
Mentioned in this Episode: