Mo asks Nancy Duarte: How can we stay focused and continue on the growth path while we’re busy with delivery? It’s definitely a challenge. You have to deliver your highest and best work in order to get repeat business, but you also have to spend...
Mo asks Nancy Duarte: How can we stay focused and continue on the growth path while we’re busy with delivery?
- It’s definitely a challenge. You have to deliver your highest and best work in order to get repeat business, but you also have to spend a lot of energy on growth activities that are very different from delivery.
- One of the things that Nancy noticed by eliminating all the clients that weren’t ideal for her organization was that it brought those two things closer together. Calendaring and blocking out specific time is also a good way to ensure those activities get done.
- To identify their ideal clients, the first step was to create a profile. It involved coming up with the right rubrics to understand which companies had the highest sales potential and biggest opportunity for growth.
- One of the most challenging roles is to be doing both delivery and sales at the same time. Care and honest communication is what will bring your clients back to you each year.
- Asking questions like “How can we help our clients achieve even more than they think they could?” is important to identifying those opportunities. Nancy also looked at how deep the penetration was into each organization and synergy with other services that Nancy’s organization had to offer.
- Looking at each client from a utopian/dystopian point of view was a helpful exercise as well.
Mentioned in this Episode: