Mo asks Vanessa Van Edwards: How can we hack our habits and stay focused on deepening our long-term relationships?
- How we manage our people and our work is just as important as how we implement the work.
- Vanessa’s company uses an exercise called Start, Stop, Continue. You should always be evaluating what you are starting, stopping, and continuing. Every month Vanessa’s team has an opportunity to list new ideas for things that can move the needle, identifying which tasks are working well, and perhaps most importantly, which activities need to make way for something else.
- Having a not-to-do list is crucial. You need to be able to say no to anything that is hampering your productivity or your success.
- Personally, this exercise should be done once a month. As a team, once per quarter and before jumping into it you should explain what the purpose of the exercise is. Give them a chance to think about it and then set aside two to three hours to go over everything.
- If you don’t think you’ll have enough time to commit to this, take the social media apps off your phone and take your time back.
Mentioned in this Episode: