Mo asks Read Davis: If you could record a video about business development and send it back to your younger self, what would it say? We can’t see around the curve, but we can think about where we want to go. Read would start investing in himself...
Mo asks Read Davis: If you could record a video about business development and send it back to your younger self, what would it say?
- We can’t see around the curve, but we can think about where we want to go.
- Read would start investing in himself and his skills much earlier.
- Don’t think that you have to have it all figured out.
- Don’t be afraid to admit what you don’t know. One of the biggest assets of Read’s leadership team is the environment of challenging each other and asking questions.
- Don’t let pride be your deterrent from being successful.
- People will try to define you but you have to find success in your own way. You have to figure out what the balance of your life is for yourself. What success is to someone else won’t be the same standard for your life.
- When you’re looking for the secret sauce, it takes what it takes and you have to put in the work to make it happen.
- When setting goals, Read doesn’t look at the things he wants to get done now. He tries to keep in mind what he wants to get done when he’s 90 and then figures out what he needs to do now to make it happen.
- Read looks at areas of his life that may have gotten out of balance and then makes those a priority for the year.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Random but Meaningful Podcast - Convo 06: Dr. Drew Brannon on performance psychology and building a winning CFB National Championship mindset