Mo asks Angela Meyer: If you could send a message to your prior self, what would you say?
- No matter what business you’re in, it’s important to not be afraid to try and not be afraid to fail. You need to fail before you can succeed.
- You’re always selling yourself or your product, so you have to be willing to extend yourself and grow.
- Hone your communication skills and learn how to bring the energy to a conversation that creates connection with someone.
- The third thing would be to build your network. Stay in touch with people and keep networking because you never know where your next job is going to come from.
- Be excited about what you’re doing and what you’re working on. It’s not just a job, it’s an adventure. For Angela, the energy she brings to her relationships is what makes her memorable.
- Everybody has some level of impostor syndrome. You don’t need to be cocky to believe in yourself. Humility to admit you don’t know everything is a good place to approach things. The big lesson is to be confident in your ability to try your best, to keep learning, and to get better over time.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Angela Meyer, PhD, PE on LinkedIn