Mo asks Craig Budner: What is your favorite science, step, or story that you learned from GrowBIG Training or The Snowball System? Craig’s favorite module was on lead execution. That section of the program led to the idea of creating round table...
Mo asks Craig Budner: What is your favorite science, step, or story that you learned from GrowBIG Training or The Snowball System?
- Craig’s favorite module was on lead execution. That section of the program led to the idea of creating round table conversations instead of the usual webinars.
- The ability for clients to listen to their peers is incredibly valuable. It doesn’t matter what industry they are in, there are always parallel problems they are trying to solve.
- When Covid hit, they shifted the round table conversations online.
- The way that GrowBIG framed lead generation led to the idea of the Client Connect program that advances clients when they want to get more granular after a round table. It became a natural progression for a lead to move further down the line.
- Lead generation isn’t mysterious. It should be predictable and there should be a number of things you do every day or week to result in X number of conversations.
- What are your best tips to make those kinds of round table events successful?
- The big tip is to make the guest feel comfortable. Without that there are going to be a lot of introductions and not a lot of substance. Craig does a lot of homework on the participants so the conversation goes beyond the basics. It’s also confidential.
- Getting repeat participants helps new people by showing them they can learn more by jumping into the conversation. Craig also makes sure that the focus is on the clients who are driving the conversation.
- There are almost always issues that the participants haven't had time to address that you can provide value for and that makes them very receptive to a follow up.
- How do you make the offer to have a one-on-one conversation?
- Usually there is some indication on a topic a participant wants to talk more about. Craig usually follows up with an email within a day or two.
- One key element is asking participants how the roundtables could be better afterward.
Mentioned in this Episode:
K&L Gates Client Conversations Podcast