Mo asks Angela Meyer: What is your favorite science, step, or story that you learned from GrowBIG Training or The Snowball System? Angela’s favorite strategy is the Give to Get. Giving somebody value or knowledge they didn’t have before is a...
Mo asks Angela Meyer: What is your favorite science, step, or story that you learned from GrowBIG Training or The Snowball System?
- Angela’s favorite strategy is the Give to Get. Giving somebody value or knowledge they didn’t have before is a great way to start off a relationship.
- If you continue to show interest in someone personally, and not just professionally, and provide them value that can help them grow their career, they are going to care about you.
- You have to break someone out of the rut of working with someone else if it’s not you. Building trust and deepening the relationship in the beginning is crucial to starting things out.
- Angela has seen a number of her former colleagues help clients and prospects by summarizing the science on particular issues like climate change, sustainability, and environmental compliance.
- There is a big difference between forwarding an article to a client and talking the person through the content.
- The hardest thing is asking for the business, which is why you should simply ask for the next step. No is just another answer.
- You have to be able to explain more and give more so that eventually the answer is going to be yes. You can’t assume your client is going to read and consume the content you send them. You have to ask them for the opportunity to explain how it’s helpful and why you sent it to them.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Angela Meyer, PhD, PE on LinkedIn